Thursday, December 6, 2012

Juicing Fast

Hello people of the blogosphere. I've already started my juice fast and will get to my experience shortly but first this is what you'll need 


6 kale leaves
4 celery Stalks
1 cucumber
2 green apples
1/2 lemon
1 piece of ginger (thumb size or to taste)


I didn't peel anything of the above just washed them really well. I also did not take pictures but I will eventually. This is my experience...

Day 1: Sunday, December 2nd
I'm sick and had a late start to my day. Had my first juice at 12:30pm, worked out from 2-4pm and had my second juice at about 5pm. At this point my body has tried to fight this darn cold and I suppose working out and minimal food consumption is taking a toll because I had a horrible headache. I took 2 headache pills and felt better shortly after. However, I also got super duper hungry and didn't anticipate hanging out at my friends house too late so I didn't take my third juice! Yikes. I ended up eating a small bowl of wheat pasta, small scoop of mashed potatoes and a small piece of turkey.  Yes, I goofed up day one. I'll try again tomorrow.

Day 2: Monday, December 3rd
I woke up late! Which means today is a total bust because you absolutely must be prepared. I think I had a salad today - I don't remember but I know its not fast food because I've been good in that respect. Oh, and I worked out today.

Day 3: Tuesday, December 4th
Great start! Woohoo! I took my juicer and everything I needed to the office. I had all three of my juices but I also had some fruits and veggies so it wasn't just the juice. As far as I'm concerned I still didn't do bad just not 100% juicing. Didn't workout today.

Day 4: Wednesday, December 5th
Another great day! I had my three servings of juice but also had a small garden salad (lettuce, tomato and carrots with half squeezed orange for taste) I also had a baked potato with sea salt and black pepper. Not so bad right? Well that was until my work day got out of control with so much audit crap! Stressful times! So, what does a stressed out person do? Get a call from another stressed out friend go out for beer, pizza and cheese fries! Oh hot darn it I fudged up. [Sigh] Oh well I'll get back at it tomorrow.

Day 5: Thursday, December 6th
Had a terrible night! I haven't fully recovered from this darn cold, flu, cough whatever it is and got about two hours of sleep. Didn't work today - I slept in until midday then I got up because I had a dentist appointment. I had a green apple at 2pm and didn't have anything else to eat NO BUENO! In my defense my juicer and blender are at work! Darn it! ? No juicing for that reason. I visited my parents and nephew shows up with pizza! AHHHH. PIZZA is my downfall. I had 1/3 a slice of pizza at 7pm and that was it. I didn't work out today either. [deep sigh]

As you can see juicing isn't easy. Actually let me rephrase and say juicing itself is easy for me specially during work hours. Its what happens after work hours that messes me up. I mean I'm not having a large pizza or anything but still its sets me off track. You really have to outline at what time you will have your juice and what you plan on doing during the evening hours. For me the evening hours are a killer. I've actually removed all food from my casa with the exception of juicing ingredients. Considering my horrible eating habits from three months ago this is pretty damn good ... although it really isn't.

We'll see what Friday brings - I already know the evening will be a bust as I'm going out to celebrate a bday with my girlfriends so beer, chicken wings and cake will be gobbled up. Saturday I'm hanging out again -boxing night -Pacman vs Marquez [I think] so that means beer & wine will be involved plus I know my sister is cooking my all time favorite pozole and my bro in law is making chili! aahh darn this is so difficult. [hands in my face] Nonetheless I am not giving up. I may not be hard core with the juice just yet but I am totally into doing things better than before. Its a start and I'm happy with that.

Have you tried juicing before? What was your experience like?

Until the next post ... Lucy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my post. I love reading your comments.