Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Laptop Table

Every now and again I devote some time to catch up on my favorite bloggers new projects while sitting in my living room watching HGTV! I love HGTV-- I really do. But after a while my lap just gets all hot, ya'ouch!


That came to an end when I found this little lady:
I do believe it is one of those 'breakfast in bed' tables but I have other plans for it.

LEA Lumieré
(note: please pardon my dirty table and surrounding work space. This is what happens when I work on more than one project at a time.)

Enter my inspiration:


LEA Lumieré

Yes, indeed it is none other than a Twilight gift bag! I stashed this baggie for a while because I just knew I'd use it for something wickedly awesome one day. 


Here is how I did it:

 
* Carefully separate the bag where the edges are glued- including the bottom as
   shown above. Then cut it to the desired shape and size.

* Paint your table whatever color you like. I kept it simple and primed it with two
   coats of Kilz. Be sure to let the paint dry between coats.

* Once dried I applied a layer of Mod Podge & carefully placed the bag on top.

* Smooth the surface out carefully removing air bubbles and sealing the edges.

* Let it dry.

* Then apply one or two coats of Mod Podge over it and let dry.


These are the results:




LEA Lumieré




LEA Lumieré


Since the table is a little tall I just fold front 'legs' of the table and set it on an angle. Problem solved and I even get to enjoy looking at Edward and Jacob's beautiful faces -- when I move my netbook out of the way.


Oh, this is another quick project. I didn't take a before because I forgot but just picture an ugly mix of mustard and green color. All I did was paint it white-- Ta'da!



LEA Lumieré






Until the next post

LEA Lumieré

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my post. I love reading your comments.