Every now and again I devote some time to catch up on my favorite bloggers new projects while sitting in my living room watching HGTV! I love HGTV-- I really do. But after a while my lap just gets all hot, ya'ouch!
That came to an end when I found this little lady:
I do believe it is one of those 'breakfast in bed' tables but I have other plans for it.
(note: please pardon my dirty table and surrounding work space. This is what happens when I work on more than one project at a time.)
Enter my inspiration:
Yes, indeed it is none other than a Twilight gift bag! I stashed this baggie for a while because I just knew I'd use it for something wickedly awesome one day.
Here is how I did it:
* Carefully separate the bag where the edges are glued- including the bottom as
shown above. Then cut it to the desired shape and size.
* Paint your table whatever color you like. I kept it simple and primed it with two
coats of Kilz. Be sure to let the paint dry between coats.
* Once dried I applied a layer of Mod Podge & carefully placed the bag on top.
* Smooth the surface out carefully removing air bubbles and sealing the edges.
* Let it dry.
* Then apply one or two coats of Mod Podge over it and let dry.
These are the results:
Since the table is a little tall I just fold front 'legs' of the table and set it on an angle. Problem solved and I even get to enjoy looking at Edward and Jacob's beautiful faces -- when I move my netbook out of the way.
Oh, this is another quick project. I didn't take a before because I forgot but just picture an ugly mix of mustard and green color. All I did was paint it white-- Ta'da!
Until the next post