Friday, April 6, 2012

Living Room Lighting

BAM!!! "Then there was light." Yeah that would pretty much sum it up for me, seriously. When I rented my apartment a few years ago I failed to notice there weren't any light fixtures in the living room {enter long sigh}. I blame it all on the two windows that let in a tremendous amount of sunlight. Hey, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

This is what I got to fix that little issue.
LEA Lumiere

Needless to say this wouldn't last long. So, after a long search for a drum lamp shade I found this one...
LEA Lumiere

It is so 70's isn't it? As a matter of fact while watching "Just Wright" I spotted this very lamp shade in the background. Ok, maybe it wasn't my drum lamp shade but it sure was its twin. Anyway I took a field trip to the local hardware store and purchased lighting items and came home to piece these items together.

After a few hours of piecing this ...
LEA Lumiere

LEA Lumiere

I came up with this...
LEA Lumiere

LEA Lumiere

I have to get one of those circular panel things that block the visibility of the lightbulbs. But for now I'm really loving this.


Until the next post,
LEA Lumiere

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about my post. I love reading your comments.