Monday, October 3, 2011

Vintage Foot Rest To Cute And Chic

Hello everyone! Hope you are doing great. As for myself I've been super! So much that I have been M.I.A. for a really long time {or so it seems}. At any rate I really need to keep this blog business current and post DIY projects and maybe some picture makeup tutorials.

But enough of that lets get crackin' on the good stuff. I came across this little guy some time ago and I'm not going to lie it was in the trunk of my car for about a month! Yeah I know a month who does that? Oh yeah I do. When I finally decided to give this little guy some love I had the urge to get it done 'pronto' and put it to good use.

Here he is in all his old vintage glory
Photobucket

Photobucket
(Sorry for the poor picture quality these were taken from my bootleg cell phone.)

I removed the lovely box that was covered with that fabulous pineapple fabric and reupholstered it with a beautiful $4 a yard fabric I got at Hancock Fabrics.

Then I grabbed my ever so loved spray paint in a glossy black and went to town.


Photobucket
(Can you tell I got spray paint happy and sprayed a little too much?! whoops)

And here he is all cute and done up
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(That's just a little left over fabric I tossed in there.)

And there you go --that's the tale of an old vintage foot rest that became a cute - chic foot rest.  By the way without even planning it out this little guy matches perfectly with my living room curtains. I'll be posting that project tomorrow. Unless I get anxious and decide to post it later today, we'll see.

Until the next post
Photobucket














1 comment:

Let me know what you think about my post. I love reading your comments.